Sunday, March 28, 2010

Freedom of Speech.

Recently I was on facebook. A website I visit regularly and I found something that truly pissed me off. It was a group called “fuck the troops”. How disgusting is that? The people fighting for our country are better people than the ones in that group will ever be. I wrote to the creator of this group and the only response I got was “We’re in america retard.I can say what I want” Ok…I get that. Yes we are in America. And we get certain freedoms including the freedom of speech. But in my opinion this freedom has been turned into the freedom of publicly displayed ignorance through many websites like myspace and facebook.

To tell you the truth I’ve never been a huge fan of censorship. I tend to say what I want about what I want. I mean….the worst part of censorship is not being able to fully see or hear what someone is trying to say. But theirs a point where it goes too far. When I see groups like “Hanna is a stupid cunt” and “9-11 was just a conspiracy” I honestly die a little inside.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely agree with you on this.
    (Oh, this is Haley by the way)
    (Psych-buddies [: )

    ReplyDelete